Amsterdam is a lot of things but cheap isnt one of them!!
Amsterdam is a must travel to destination!
- What are the places that could be visited around hyderabad for a two day bike trip?
- How to plan a 15 day itenary for Switzerland
- Which time will be the best to visit Phuket?
- Which place should I visit near Madras high Court?
- Ich möchte nach meinem Abschluss um die Welt reisen, fürchte aber um die finanzielle Situation meiner Familie. Was sollte ich jetzt tun?
Now about some tips and must do’s:
1. You can plan in advance, make your travel and hotel reservations in advance and save yourself a lot of money.
2. Amsterdam can be covered by renting a bicycle. its fun and you can blend in with the locals a bit. Check with your hotel. Most of them will rent you a bike for a nominal fee or some may even give you a complimentary one.
3. Public transport is also there. It falls between ‘not really cheap’ but ‘not that expensive’ category.
4. Food: Oh My God!!! Being a vegetarian I had a gala time. The falafels and frittes and vegan food from the Golden Temple…heavenly experience I must say!! You’ll get everything from cheap to super expensive and you’ll definitely find something for everyone’s taste.
5. The Weather: Its just too good to be true. I simply was in love and now when I think about it…I still am!!
6. People: All nationalities. No racism. Period.
7. Art: Go check on the museums there…
8. Cafe’s: For ‘coffee’ lovers *wink* *wink* 🙂
9. Heineken: Its the home to the Heineken brand. Beer lovers you have a reason now.
Its a lovey dovey kind of review…But trust me when I say…You have to experience Amsterdam atleast once!!
Some money saving tips:
- Check with low cost airlines for fares and special offers.
- Search airbnb for cheaper rooms. Hostels are also there.
- Street side food tastes great and can helo you save a few bucks.
- Search hotels on websites like skyscanner. Shortlist a few and try contacting them directly.
- Download maps. Walk when you can.
- There are tourist offices at every corner. Check out for special deals.