I could wax poetic about a great deal of the world, honestly. I haven’t ever been somewhere that I’ve strongly disliked and would never consider visiting again. I have preferences, obviously, but I’m usually up to go just about anywhere.
So I’ll take the opportunity to romance the US for a bit. The thing about the US (and I’d include Canada in this if it’s warm enough for it) is that it’s the best place I’ve been in the world when it comes to romancing the road. If you want to love a trip through America, get into some sort of vehicle and drive across it.
One of my favorite trips was a motorcycle trip all around the edges of Michigan. From Detroit, up to Alpena, then to the northern point of Munising, back down to Muskegon, and then along the southern part back to Detroit. Absolutely stunning dunes, trees, and when you peaked the top of a hill you’d get wide swaths of endless blue lake dotted with freighters and sailboats. There was a storm when we were up in the UP, darkening the skies and turning the trees into the sort of green you’d like to mix up and serve with cheese. Obviously the rain wasn’t the most pleasant, but it turned the skies gravel and the pavement black and was uniquely beautiful in its own way.
- Welche Orte sind cool zu besuchen?
- Ist es besser, ein Paket für Singapur zu nehmen, oder kann man es alleine schaffen? Wir planen einen Familienausflug.
- Ist es sicher, die Ukraine zu besuchen? Begrüßen Menschen Ausländer, neutral oder rassistisch? Ist es auch sicher dort zu investieren wie in Ackerland, Immobilien?
- Is it a good idea to buy international air ticket on the same day you want to travel?
- How much money will I need to travel in Mexico city for 2 weeks?
Across the Mackinac Bridge we were treated to the purest rainbow I’ve ever seen before we drove right back into a rainstorm. Oh well.
The next day I was humming along at 100 km per hour through a nameless town, making a turn sharp enough so that my ammo box panniers cheerfully scraped the pavement and a sign caught my eye that a local had hung up in front of their house – “prepare to meet thy God,” it advised.
My god is the sort who thinks the speed limit is a suggestion, so I kicked it up to six and blasted over the hills.